What are the tips for choosing a reflective vest
Reflective vests widely used in all kinds of positions that need to improve the visibility of workers to ensure personal safety, such as transportation, railway, public security, industrial and mining, fire, sanitation, construction, port, dock, airport, garden, road, rescue, Petroleum, and petrochemical industries. So how to choose an appropriate reflective vest becomes very important. Here are some tips for reference, hope it will be helpful for you.
1. The fabric should not be too thin, the mesh cloth should be more than 100 grams, and the flat cloth (called the warp knitted fabric in the industry) should be at least 120 grams. If the fabric weight is too low, then, on the one hand, it looks not wearable, and on the other hand, the fluorescence is poor. If a reflective safety vest looks very transparent, then the fabric weight usually only have 60g to 80g.
2. Reflective tapes should be 360 degrees of protection, that is, at least one reflective strip is a full circle around the trunk, in case of disconnection, do not exceed 5cm.
3. The reflective vest should be easy to put on and off. The most popular are using hook and loop or zipper. But we recommend using the hook and loop type as it is better to put on and off compared with the zipper type. On the news, we can usually see that many police wear the reflective vest which their shoulders and waist of the reflective vest are connected with a sticky hook and loop. It is easy to detach. Why they design like this is to protect the wearer and let them easy to escape when confronted with dangerous situations. For example, if the vest is hooked up by something, then the wearer can break away directly and escape.
4. The quality of reflective strips at least should be certified with domestic and international standards. The international standard requires that the reflective tapes' reflection should be over 330CPL or more. Why do they ask this? As the passing by drivers cannot see you far away when the reflective tape's reflection is too low. 330CPL is the minimum guarantee. Chinastars' reflective tape now can reach 500CPL. We have much different quality levels to choose from.
5. If the reflective strip is not made of fabric backing but made of PVC material which looks like plastic. Then if for the winter using, you must ask them to use the cold-resistant PVC reflective tape for your garment, or it will be easy to break when the temperature is below 0℃, The technology of this PVC reflective strip is not very mature comparing with overseas company, not like the fabric backing such as polyester backing, TC backing or cotton backing ,our domestic brand now is very mature.
Chinastars reflective is a professional manufacturer of all kinds of reflective materials and reflective safety clothing in China. We have been in this industry for over 16 years and have lots of experience. If you have any inquiries or pending orders, welcome to contact us.
- How to Wear "Classic Blue", Pantone's Color of the Year 2020
- Visibility saves lives
- Additional duty of High visibility reflective safety clothing coming from China into U.S. will be reduced to 7.5% starting from February 14, 2020
- Avoid road accidents with high visibility clothing
- What Bicycle Accessories Do I Need