How do I take care of my reflective clothing
People understand that when people wear reflective vest the work environment can be messy, especially the appeal for mines, railways, construction sites, etc. While when you are limited to a certain number of washings for your high visibility clothing, it was thought to be wasteful. Washing high visibility clothing in a wrong way will lose its color and original functions, because reflective clothing is not same as normal clothing, and it is made of bright or fluorescent materials. Today, I will tell you how to take care of your reflective material, which will keep your vest longer and more effective.
Some instructions for extending the life of reflective material on safety clothing:
1. Machine wash with like colors in cold water on a delicate cycle
2. When do machine wash, you may use a mild detergent, but No Bleach or Fabric Softener!
3. Try to avoid wash the reflective products with your work jeans or any clothing with rough fabric or edges. The microscopic glass beads on the retro reflective heat transfer film can be worn off by rough texture.
4. Try to line dry your reflective products. If you choose to machine dry, try to remove the product immediately. The added heat can damage the reflective heat transfer film.
5. Most important: Read the washing instruction icons. The icons will tell you how to wash your high visibility clothing!
The instructions above can protect your high visibility clothing, and help it to live longer. However, when the reflective material on your clothing get scuffed or damaged, please remember to buy a new one. The old one is going to lose its ability to protect you. Spending a little more money for a new one may save your and your employees' life.
- TRENDY AND VISIBLE ON THE ROAD
- Do you know work and protective clothes
- 6 tips to protect your vehicle and prepare yourself adequately for the winter
- How to manage the disruption--sharing the advice to importers who are not familiar with Chinese New Year
- The info and rules of reflective safety jackets