Suggestions about washing your reflective apparel
High visibility safety vests do play important roles in our daily life. Unfortunately, they have limited times to wash, since reflective materials can gradually lose their effectiveness when you wash and dry them. Take care! The microscopic glass beads on the reflective tapes can be worn off by the rough treatment. However, we still need clean them when they become dirty, especially the reflective vest for workers. The dirt from work wear can diminish the intensity of the fluorescent color that lost its effectiveness. Here are some suggestions we provide to you for extending the life of your safety appeal:
1. Try to avoid adding garments with rough finish to the wash.
2. Washing inside out is a good and easy way to protect reflective materials on your apparel.
3. Avoid Fabric softener, since it may significantly damage the reflective ability of the tape.
4. Do not wash with other garments which can bleed. Or wash with other light color.
5. Line dry is better than machine dry. The added heat of the garment against the drum, and may damage the reflective materials.
Do you have any good tips or solutions for washing your clothing with reflective tape? We really need your intelligence to have a better development. You are very much welcome to share your awesome ideas!
- How to Wear "Classic Blue", Pantone's Color of the Year 2020
- Visibility saves lives
- Additional duty of High visibility reflective safety clothing coming from China into U.S. will be reduced to 7.5% starting from February 14, 2020
- Avoid road accidents with high visibility clothing
- What Bicycle Accessories Do I Need