Cyclist, be more visible by wearing reflective clothing
Every day, hospital will receive lots of injured patients and some of them are injured in car accident. What's more, the number of car accident injured is increasing, especially among the cyclist and motorcycle rider. So it is necessary for cyclist to wear a reflective clothing or safety vest to make them more visible.
As we all know, cyclists could be exposing themselves to greater danger of being struck by a car due to the driver's inability to see them, particularly when the light is poor. In spite of obeying the traffic rules, there are many more we should do. Cyclists should add reflective tape to their knees and ankles because the pedalling movement makes light from the headlights bounce back to the driver making it easier to register they are there. Cyclists also need to wear a reflective vest and, of course, have lights on their bike to increase their chances of being seen in low-light as well as at night. This simple step could make cycling in low-light much safer.
Now only few cyclists in these low-light crashes were wearing reflective vest. Hope more and more cyclists can realize it and wear a reflective vest to make them visibility.
- Additional duty of High visibility reflective safety clothing coming from China into U.S. will be reduced to 7.5% starting from February 14, 2020
- Avoid road accidents with high visibility clothing
- What Bicycle Accessories Do I Need
- You need to put in a car kit
- How to protect yourself from darkness and slippery surfaces