Car holidays what you need to know


For many holidaymakers, Italy is the ultimate holiday destination. So what you have to consider when it comes to car holidays in Italy?

What do I need to have in my car?

A breakdown triangle and a safety vest per person in the car are a must for holidays in Italy. First aid equipment and fire extinguishers are not mandatory but are recommended.

Important for caravans and mobile homes from 3.5 tons: You need reflective speed stickers. For the highway an 80 km / h adhesive, outside of the city a 70 km / h adhesive. Normally, both must be attached - the 80s glue on the rear right, the 70s glue on the left. The adhesives are available in most shopping centers.

It doesn't matter at the moment, but as a reminder for the ski vacation: In winter, winter tires (or chains onboard the vehicle) are mandatory in different regions of Italy, regardless of the weather and road conditions.

How do children ride?

Children up to 36 kilos in weight, under the age of 12 and 1.50 meters tall must sit in an appropriate restraint. This can be a child seat, a baby seat, or a booster seat. For toddlers under 9 kg, a rear-facing baby seat is required. If the child is carried in the front seat, the front passenger airbag must be deactivated.

Where is the alcohol limit?

The alcohol limit in Italy is generally 0.5 per mille. Be careful, new drivers: anyone who has a driver's license for less than three years or is under the age of 21 must adhere to the stricter regulations for professional drivers.

How fast can I drive?

The maximum speed for cars and motorcycles is 50 km / h in urban areas, 90 km / h outside cities, 110 km / h on motorways, and 130 km / h on the motorway. When it rains, the maximum speed on motorways is 110 km / h. According to the signs, 70 km / h are allowed on urban motorways. For motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes, 80 km / h applies on urban roads and highways (trailers 70 km / h) and 100 km on highways (trailers 80 km / h).

There is also a special rule when it comes to speed for new drivers who have had their driver's license for less than three years: they can drive a maximum of 90 km / h on motorways and 100 km / h on motorways.

Mobile phone at the wheel?

The mobile phone must not be used or held in the hand while driving - otherwise, there is a risk of a fine of 165 euros and 5 points! If such an injury is committed twice over two years, the driver's license is withdrawn for 1 to 3 months.

Telephoning with a hands-free device or headphone plug (only in one ear) is permitted as long as the driver remains in control of the car and pays attention to traffic.

Car holidays what you need to know

Thanks! Your message has been successfully sent, We will reply within 24 hours.

Ooops! Looks like something went wrong, Please try again later.

Get Application Trends, Technical Support and More Detail Info

  • WhatsApp

  • Skype

  • Call


Reflective Material Hot Trends Collection

  1. Follow the latest trends of reflective fabric and material application.

  2. Get monthly release of new reflective products information from CHINASTARS.

  3. Inspire your new design with new reflective materials.

  4. Your every application issue and product problem will be solved.

Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Reflective Material Hot Trends Collection