See how to behave and what to keep in your car
First aid kit, fire extinguisher, reflective vest, multitool - you should transport this equipment in the car. You also need to know how to behave in the event of an accident. Read and learn how to help injured people and how to secure a car.
Only last year there were 31 thousand. 674 road accidents - according to data from the National Police Headquarters. 37,000 were injured 359 people, of which 10,000 963 were seriously injured and 2,000 862 were killed.
The Act on State Emergency Medical Services is obliged to provide first aid. According to art. 162 § 1 of the Criminal Code, failure to take any action to save the life of the victim may result in deprivation of liberty for up to three years. Remember that the first minutes are the most important. It may take more than half an hour before the ambulance arrives.
The exact location should be provided to the emergency ambulance officer. Sometimes this can be a problem when, for example, an accident occurred on the road between two little-known villages. That's why it's good to have navigation in your car that will quickly determine our location. If you do not have navigation or GPS on your phone, get out of the car and check the number on the roadside post (picket), which indicates the place on the road by entering the distance from its beginning.
1. Turn off the engine, remove the key from the ignition and apply the handbrake. In petrol cars, you must disconnect the battery by removing the so-called clamps (a kind of screwed clamp).
2. Place an accident triangle on the road:
On the highway or expressway - 100 meters behind the vehicle;
Outside built-up areas - from 30 to 50 meters;
In built-up areas - a few meters behind the vehicle.
In the last two cases, you must also turn on the hazard warning lights.
Pulling the wounded out of the car
1. In the event of an accident, a spinal injury may have occurred, especially in the cervical region. Always support the head of the injured person with your hand. If you can't unfasten the seat belts, use the multitool. If you see a lot of blood and are afraid to touch it for fear of Infection, wear gloves;
2. Gently slide both hands under the victim's armpits, remembering to support the head;
3. Grasp his belt. If he doesn't have it, grab his hand. First, fold it and place it on your stomach.
4. Fold back the torso of the injured person and slowly lean on your chest. Then try to slide his legs out from under the steering wheel.
After removing the injured person from the car, place him in the recovery position. Then stop the blood with a bandage and dress the wounds with patches.
Do not forget to protect the injured person against hypothermia. The best solution is to wrap it with a thermal insulation foil - a metalized sheet made of plastic.
The injured person may have a cardiac arrest. In this case, you must be able to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation:
1. Kneel next to the victim.
2. Open the airway. Place one hand on the wounded's forehead and gently bend his head back. Place the fingertips of the other hand on the lower jaw and lift it. Watch chest movements.
3. If you do not feel your breath, go to CPR. Place one hand in the center of the victim's chest. Place the palm of the other hand on the back of the lying hand.
4. Straighten your arms and place them perpendicular to the chest of the accident participant.
5. Perform 30 chest compressions to a depth of 5-6 cm.
6. Take two rescue breaths and return to compression in 30: 2 mode.
- How to Wear "Classic Blue", Pantone's Color of the Year 2020
- Visibility saves lives
- Additional duty of High visibility reflective safety clothing coming from China into U.S. will be reduced to 7.5% starting from February 14, 2020
- Avoid road accidents with high visibility clothing
- What Bicycle Accessories Do I Need